India is the country where Goddesses are worshipped, women are considered goddess of wealth, prosperity, education and strength. Daughters are considered blessings of goddess of wealth and prosperity. This is what I strongly believe in. But reality has something different to offer…..take a look….
Yesterday I witnessed digital media and social media flooded with discussions and criticism on BJP MP Vinay Katiyar’s sexist remark on Priyanka Gandhi. But what did he actually say?
He said on record that ” BJP has prettier star campaigners than Priyanka Gandhi”……but why did he ever say that? Going back into comments made by male leaders, I found most of them had at least one sexist comment to their credit. Why can’t they have? they are “The Men’ with moustache.
Lets have a glance at some of the ‘glorious’ comments made by “The ‘Men” –
- Narendra Modi -Called Sunanda Pushkar a fifty crores girl friend.
- NaMo -On Malnutrition rates in Gujarat: middle class girls are beauty conscious than health conscious…won’t drink milk..fear of getting fat.
- NaMo- Did Sonia ji bring 10000 crore as dowry?
- NaMo – If a daughter is born plant five trees along your farm so that you can sell the timber to fund her wedding.
- Arun Jatley – on Delhi nirbhaya case one single mention would cost us billions of $ loss in tourism revenue.
- Sharad Yadav – Women of south are dark but are as beautiful as their bodies.
- Muqtar Abbas Naqvi – Women wearing lipstick and powder have taken to streets in Mumbai abusing politicians’ Democracy, this is what terrorists are doing in Kashmir.
- Dayashankar Singh – Compared Mayawati to a ‘prostitute’.
- Sakshi Maharaj – Hindu women must produce at least four children to “protect” Hinduism.
- Babul Gaur – Rape is a social crime – sometimes right sometimes wrong….
These are just few picks….list is pretty long. Coming back to our discussion..it shows the men in India don’t seem to accept the fact that women are much more than just beautiful face and body.
Women have made their way by shear hard work fighting tooth and nail against the male dominant society to make their presence felt loud and clear in every field they ever chose.
This didn’t happen just in this modern era…when ever the country was in crisis we saw them rise up to the occasion and contribute to the cause…Begum Hazrat Mahal, Madam Bhikaji Cama, Kasturba Gandhi, Sucheta Kriplani, Annie Besant, Hansa Mehta, Kamala Nehru, Vijay Lakshmi Pandit, Aruna Asafi Ali, Sarojini Naidu, Pandita Ramabai, Rani Lakshmibai…have left their mark in history.
Modern India – is proud of Indira Gandhi, Sonia Gandhi, Sushma Swaraj, Mamata Banerjee, Mayawati, Pratbha Patil, Sheila Dikshit, Jayalalita, Meira Kumar, Medha Patkar, Mahabooba Mufti, Hema Malini, Menaka Gandhi….Priyanka Gandhi….
Yes this sweet grand daughter of the great Iron Lady of India, Smt. Indira Gandhi has striking resemblance to her grand mother. She looks, talks , thinks, walks and responds back to her opponents with similar resonating sharpness….that’s why she sends tremors to shake up the opposition.
Her public appearance makes them so nervous that they lose control on their thoughts and words. Every time she was attacked by these sexists she has been graceful enough to reply them back befittingly…like yesterday she laughed at Vinay Katiyar and said this exposes BJP’s mind set. Narendra Modi had purportedly remarked that he considers Priyanka Gandhi like a daughter.
“I am Rajiv Gandhi’s daughter,” was Priyanka Gandhi’s terse reply
Take a note gentlemen here comes PRIYANKA GANDHI